A Memory

The night wept aloud when the time paused for a moment
Why did it ache so hard? 
It must be teh lost souls crying out loud
Begging us to remember. 
If not for us, Would the dead remember the dead?
I heard her voice, loud and clean as usual. 
Oh Lily, how beautiful were you? 
Draped like a Goddess. Can a soul forget the beauty you wore? 
Forehead painted in red, bright red, like my name. 
I could hear you call my name serving food.
Oh mother, how beautiful was your love. 

God plucked teh fun bone out of the world
Should I call it an act of cruelty? 
May be the heavens needed more laughter. 
Captain, My Captain. An year already? 
I laughed for a while remembering the last conversation
Hitting on the nurse while in ICU? 
A brief moment I can't erase no more. 
Stars remind me of the conversations on the roof.

How long has it been since I saw you smile? 
How I longed for a dream full of laughter
Was I happy you ask? I must have smiled in my sleep for sure
My father, my friend!
Not once, not twice. IT brought immense joy. 

I was listening to The Death of Lily, 
Felt lost for a moment in a dream
Or was it even a dream? 
 

Comments